BEST TEACHER OF THE MONTH OF JUNE, 2018
BEST TEACHER OF THE MONTH OF JUNE, 2018 – MISS FUNMILAYO RAPHAEL
Miss Funmilayo Raphael, is the teacher of the month for June, 2018. Miss. Funmilayo who is five years old at Good Shepherd Schools hails from Kogi State of Nigeria. She is a product of Ekiti State University.
Miss Funmilayo can be described as one who is objective, realistic, disciplined, friendly, accommodating and focused.
She teaches Economics at the senior level. She has always expressed passion for her job because she holds the belief that what is worth doing at all, is worth doing well. To her, the students are indeed the first to be considered because without them, her services would not have been needed in GSS.
In a nut shell, she is an educator who is simply passion-driven.
Good Shepherd School Teacher of the Month Criteria
Teachers have long-lasting impacts on the lives of their students and the greatest teachers inspire students toward greatness. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel” – Maya Angelou.
A great teacher is one a student remembers and cherishes forever.
The teacher of the month will be chosen by students, parents and fellow teachers. Every month class teams comprising of 5 students chosen at random from each class will be called up to nominate their favorite teacher along with prefects and parents.
The criteria for selection:
- Excellence in the Classroom- ability to engage students in class and consistently advance them to higher levels of academic achievement.
- Good Classroom Management Skills-establishing clear objectives for each lesson and working to meet those specific objectives during each class
- Motivation- having the ability to motivate and encourage students to advance past their expectations both academically and socially; helping students see potential in themselves.
- Leadership- driving positive change and development in classroom practices and student learning; leading students by example and inspiring them to lead.
- Care- actively caring for each student; making each student feel that they matter.
- Creativity- demonstrating creativity and imagination in their lesson plans and teaching methods that inspire students to learn.
- Dedication- showing excellent attendance, punctuality and a desire to see their students advance.
- Good Communication with Students, Colleagues and Parents outside Classroom– keeping parents informed of the all-round development of their children; connects with students and parents via phone, email, Facebook etc.